Valentine’s Day – Do’s & Don’ts and all the in-betweenPosted: February 13, 2011
Well, it’s here again… the day where you either
- Receive a bouquet of flowers, over-sized stuffed animal, jewelry and chocolates that you don’t need
- Recognize that your single & drown your sorrows in a bottle of wine and tub of ice cream
- Go around scowling at all the happy couples walking hand-in-hand
- Forget to get your valentine a gift, which says (whether it be true or not) ” I was too busy to think about you”
Whatever your Valentine’s day belief is, remember, it’s a day to recognize the people in your life that you love. Love can come in all forms. You can love your valentine, love your parents, love you pet, love your friends, Heck! you can even love your Xbox. Whatever you love, Take the time to let him/her/them/it know. This Valentine’s day, spread the love.
Here are some ideas to help you spread the love in your community:
- Send love letters- Not just to your sweetie, but to parents, friends & maybe an organization that you respect what its doing for the community.
- Volunteer @ a soup kitchen or animal shelter- There are plenty of opportunities in every city @ Volunteermatch.com
- Surprise your co-workers with treats – Check out Tenacious Taste for a great Valentine’s chocolate bark that anyone will be sure to fall in love with.
For the lovers out there who are still clueless about what to get your valentine this year, here are some rules to go by.
Fellas, keep in mind that her idea of Valentine’s day is most likely a whole lot different than yours. She dreams of waking up to roses at her door, chocolates and a romantic dinner where a little Italian man is playing the violin all while you stare deeply into her eyes and tell her you love her. While yours may consist of lingerie, basketball and a happy ending.
Agree to disagree. Men, this is the day where you accept your woman’s desire to be wine’d & dined. But ladies, don’t expect too much.
Talk with your valentine first, If your both not rolling in mulah to spend, agree to keep it simple. Or set a price range that either of you aren’t allowed to go over.
Incase you missed that last step, as many couples do, here are some guidelines:
If it’s a new relationship, whatever you decide to do, keep it simple. If she likes you for who you are and enjoys your company, a hand made card can be the sweetest of all gifts on Valentine’s day.
If this is your 5th Valentine’s day together, lay off the hype. Keep it simple, by this time you should know the ins and outs of your sweetie and not have to prove yourself with the biggest stuffed animal they’ve ever seen.
Whether you’ve been together for a week, or 25 years, it’s all about showing you care. Whether you love them or just enjoy their company, let them know.